Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Katherine on August 10, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Hi Joe, While I await the arrival of my Adura Rigid planks, I thought I’d get started on my installation blueprint. I’ve attached a drawing of my floorplan here. This floor includes a master suite (including walk-in-closet), two bedrooms with a jack-and-jill bathroom, a linen closet, and a hallway that almost intimidated me out of installing this myself. But, your existence gives me the courage to try to figure it out!

BTW – There’s ceramic tile in both bathrooms so I’ll have transitions there. I will install one stair nose on the top step and then will likely re-carpet the remaining stairs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Katherine

Katherine replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 8:51 am
  • Katherine

August 11, 2021 at 9:13 am

Hi Joe, Good questions in the video. Here are my responses:

I don’t have a sample plank in hand to answer about the tongue and groove layout, but I can pick one up this week. And yes, let’s wait to complete the installation blueprint until I have that. It could be 6-7 weeks before my plank arrives, so we have plenty of time.

Yes, I am keeping the ceramic tile in the bathrooms, so will add t-mold (?) transitions to those areas. And yes, that is a closet beyond the master bath and I will put LVP in it.

I was actually thinking I’d run the plank N-S since the bedroom on the south side of the house is the master. Additionally, I thought it’d look better at the top of the stairs that way. Would you agree?

Thanks for getting right on this! I’m so thrilled to have your help.

Katherine

• Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 9:23 am

It really is a toss up on direction and I think either way will look great. mI want it to be your choice. I will share some tips with you when you are working through the hall to help make it look great!

Joe

• Katherine

August 20, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Hi again, Joe,

Slight change of plans. The Adura planks I wanted were back-ordered until December, so I switched to a Coretec ProPlus product instead. Per your request, I’ve attached a drawing of the tongue & groove alignment on these planks. I have settled on laying the planks N-S. The planks are 9″ by 72″. Thanks for your help with an installation blueprint.

• Joe

Administrator
    August 27, 2021 at 10:30 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crjtoUr6M9

• Katherine

August 28, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Thanks so much for the blueprint, Joe! I’m so grateful to you for getting to this even though you’ve been in rough shape. Here’s hoping the rest of your recovery progresses without a hitch.

My plank is supposed to arrive on Monday. I’m sure I’ll be back in touch when I hit my first snag.

Thanks again for your work – it’s much appreciated.

Katherine