Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Mark on October 27, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Joe,

I’m installing around 1,700 sq ft of LL 12mm Commonwealth Rustic Hickory 24Hr Water-Resistant Laminate Flooring 6.22in. Wide x 50.63in. Long flooring in the upstairs in five rooms/closets of my house.

Here are my questions:

1. Here is my floor plan. Where should I start?

– I have this same flooring downstairs in several rooms. It runs East to West – The same direction as my hallway.

-As you can tell on the floor plan – my stairs jut into the hall a little bit on one side. I will need to watch your video on that. I plan on refinishing my stairs after I get the flooring laid.

-I would like to have the hall kid’s bedroom #3 as one long run. I’m assuming that is possible.

2. I currently have carpet in these rooms and I’m hoping to be able to move furniture from one room to another as I put down the flooring. Do you think that will be possible? I don’t want to move it downstairs during the install.

3. I do have some squeaky floors. Any suggestions as to how I ensure that I get the squeaks secured before I lay the floor in a room? Products that you have used in the past.

4. Here is a picture of my planks.

5. Can you recommend any good miter saw blade brands? They are fairly expensive when you buy the ones made for laminate.

Mark replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies