Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    June 26, 2023 at 10:27 am
    • Tracy

June 26, 2023 at 10:32 am

I wasn’t sure if the vibration from the washer ever causes a problem with planks moving so that was the only room I wasn’t sure about. Both bathrooms and the kitchen have tile so it would be the rest of the house that will be done. What is your opinion on the utility room with washer and dryer and lvp? Thanks for your quick response.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 26, 2023 at 1:12 pm
  • Tracy

June 26, 2023 at 3:44 pm

Thank you! We are on a concrete slab. I was torn on which way to run the floor too. The small hallway between the two bedrooms is one area that would need to look even or it would show so I was thinking that’s the side I would start and that’s part of the reason I joined the bootcamp to see what you said. Around the bay window we did build a bench that runs straight across but I forgot to add that to the house plans. Besides making installing easier which direction do you think is more appealing. I probably would be happy either way. Thanks again for all your info. It makes this process a lot less intimidating.

• Tracy

June 26, 2023 at 3:53 pm

I do think I am leaning more toward north and south as far as layout.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 27, 2023 at 8:17 am

North and South would be great. Just let me know your final decision by Wednesday night.

• Tracy

June 27, 2023 at 6:12 pm

I am going to go with North and South. Thanks Joe

• Joe

Administrator
    June 29, 2023 at 10:46 am

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c01UomzQSY

• Tracy

July 1, 2023 at 1:16 pm

Thank you Joe!

• Tracy

July 10, 2023 at 8:23 am

We finished the main bedroom and are about three rows into the living room! Yay! Your blueprint has been very helpful. I do have one question. We secured the floor to the concrete in the bedroom and used the spacers you suggested against the living room wall. Was wondering when we can undo the screws in the main bedroom. Do we have to wait till we get to a certain section? I do know those are the most secure. That tip is invaluable, I must say. I hope you had a great weekend and upcoming week.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Tracy.
  • Joe

Administrator
    July 10, 2023 at 8:35 am
  • Tracy

August 25, 2023 at 1:21 pm

I wanted to report that I am done! Mad respect for all of you that lay floor all the time. I’ll post a few pics when the baseboard goes up. I want to thank you so much for all your help. Joining this course with your input and all your videos most definitely were the reason I could even start this job, let alone finish it. Thank you so much for your wisdom and the confidence you give.

• Joe

Administrator
    August 28, 2023 at 8:27 am

Thank you Tracy! I am so glad to hear that you did it!!! Thank you for the kind words and know I am very proud of you for Starting and not giving up.