Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Bathroom 1

• Bathroom 1

Posted by Ed on March 17, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Getting ready to install flooring into Bathroom 1 this weekend. I will start reviewing videos after posting this question (I’ll most likely find the answer to my question in one of the videos ????)

Photo 1 shows the entry into the bathroom. The plank in front of the threshold is a full length board (no joint within the doorway opening). I will be installing “backwards” into the bathroom. Photo 2 shows a close up of this board. My question is, should my first board inside the threshold of the bathroom also be a full length board (no joint) or should I work a joint into this first plank. For whatever reason I would think a full length board would be best, but wanted to check.

I’ll be watching videos on installing up to the tub. Any other lessons learned that folks want to pass along now is the time.

Any special considerations for when I cut out around the drain for the toilet?

Thanks,

Ed

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 17, 2021 at 5:54 pm

It does not matter! A joint might be easier.

• Ed

March 17, 2021 at 6:19 pm

Another question after watching the videos on installing up to the tub. In this shot the tub is off to the right out of view. Because of the way the planks are flowing I will not have a long edge up against the tub, I’ll have individual planks. I am assuming I’ll just need to be really precise with my cuts to get a nice clean line maintaining at least the 1/8 gap as you suggested. However given the possibility of some imperfections in my cuts I was looking for any other tips you may have or would it be terrible to install a piece of quarter round or other molding in front of the tub.

If so what adhesive would you use to secure it to the floor. I think you usually recommend the Loctite PL400?

• Joe

Administrator
    March 18, 2021 at 8:16 am

Yes you can do that Ed. I would buy quarter round made from PVC and attach it using silicone. You will need to place something heavy next to it to hold it in place until it dries.