Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Basement with bar blueprint review

• Basement with bar blueprint review

Posted by Warren on February 28, 2021 at 3:58 pm

Joe,

Would you mind sending me a video chat on this project? I have attached some of my basement pictures in my profile, but here are some additional ones to be used with my blueprint.

1. Detail #1: This is a steel exterior door used to separate my wood shop from the family room area. The threshold is aluminum. I wasn’t sure how to tackle this. Should I make a custom cap/cover to transition from floor to door or cut some of the aluminum away and cap it. Thoughts?

2. Detail #2: I would like to slide the laminate under the stone in front of my bar. These pictures are in my profile. I can copy them here if needed.

3. Detail #3: Laminate will be laid under the bar shelf. Base shoe should be okay for this, right?

4. I was thinking, I should run the planks east to west. Start in the small closet and work out so I can fit the flooring under the stone in detail 2. Advice?

5. Would the back wall behind the bar be a good choice for a grid reference, or should I use the north wall?

6. All floors will be laminated with Pergo XP (LF000742) on concrete floors. The stairs going up, bathroom, wood shop and storage room will not have laminate.

Thanks so much. This is a great service you provide for us!

Kind Regards,

Warren Lange

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 1, 2021 at 11:16 am

Warren, for some reason I do not see your blueprint, can you upload it in a different format?

• Warren

March 2, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Here is a jpg and png file type. I will email you the same, just in case.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 8:41 am

Outstanding detail! I am working on this now.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 10:23 am

Here is an Installation Blueprint for you Warren.

http://somup.com/creeD3D72y

• Warren

March 3, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Joe,

You Killed it. That is exactly what I needed. Everything you said made sense to me. Great job and thank you!

Kind Regards,

Warren

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Thank you Warren, I appreciate your feedback! The Installation Blueprint is very new and I am hopeful it is working and that it is helping you and the other members. The feedback is important.