Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Basement Flooring Blueprint Request

• Basement Flooring Blueprint Request

Posted by Chris on October 6, 2022 at 6:29 am

Good morning sir,

First I want to thank you for the the videos you uploaded to YouTube. It is because of those that I found you and this helpful tool. I am finishing the basement of my home that is just about 2.5 years old. The finished space is roughly 1300sqft. I have attached a screenshot of the drawing of my basement, I also ran into the issue of not being able to export as someone else mentioned. I did remove the dimemsions from the drawing to reduce clutter.

I am planning to use a SmartCore Ultra product throughout the basement. The bathroom floor is tiled, and the mechanical room and sump pump rooms will not be done. I will stop the flooring just inside the doorway openings of those rooms.

I’m about 95% sure that there is a vapor barrier between the ground and the concrete slab, you never really know with some of these builders these days, but do you recommend that I add a barrier or does the one plank with its attached pad suffice?

On a side note, I did purchase the Tile and Laminate Lifetime combo but haven’t been able to access the tile site. Any help with that is also greatly appreciated.

If I left anything out that you may need to know about please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, thank you and I am looking forward to working with you and getting this phase of the project underway and completed.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Chris.
    Joe replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    October 6, 2022 at 7:29 am
  • Chris

October 7, 2022 at 5:57 am

Thanks for that quick response to my upload. I appreciate the advise on the vapor barrier question. I talked it over with my wife and we both agree that going in a N to S direstion will be the option we go with. I unfortunately do not have any of the plank on hand to send a pic of. I haven’t ordered it yet. That is on my list of things to do.

I do have one additional question, for the areas where the plank with terminate inside of a doorway, which transition piece do you recommend?

Have a great day and weekend sir.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 7, 2022 at 8:00 am

When you get that plank share a pic with me so I can do this blueprint.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 10, 2022 at 10:43 am

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c366oCv1bZ

• Chris

November 2, 2022 at 1:55 pm

Good afternoon sir. Thank you for the blueprint video. I have watched it twice now so that I can learn as much as I can before starting this install. I did receive the actual flooring that we bought today and wanted to share a photo of it with you. I don’t see any difference other than color but I know that you were a little concerned about doing the blueprint and not having seen the final product we intended to use.

I also wanted to say that I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I can’t imagine what that is like. You are doing a wonderful thing by caring for his German Shepherd. They are outstanding family dogs. The dog that is in my profile pic is actually a Belgian Malinois. It’s one of the dogs I train for an international dog sport. They are a similar to the German Shepherd but tend to be more lean and athletic. The Dutch Shepherd is a little different from both of those but due to the breed being nearly extinct after WWII, the Malinois and German Shepherd were bred into their lines to help preserve them. Below is a photo of my 7 year old female Dutch.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I did see your video and I hope to get started real soon. If I run into any issues, and I’m sure I will, I will certainly reach out with photos and questions.

Thanks and have a great rest of your week,

Chris.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Chris.
  • Joe

Administrator
    November 2, 2022 at 4:05 pm

The plank looks great and the locking system is a perfect match. Thanks for sharing that!

I appreciate your concern for me Chris, it has been very hard on me and my family for sure. It was late October 2 years ago when we lost Brandon and it still very difficult everyday, but I praise God that He is healing my family from this loss. He has done some great work with that!

Thanks for sharing the info on the dogs, it is much appreciated. Training dogs must take a lot of patience.

• Chris

November 11, 2022 at 8:23 am

Good morning Joe. I apologize for having to ask, btut do you have a free few minutes to take a call? I am having an incredibly difficult time trying to understand how to get started.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 11, 2022 at 9:26 am

I do. You can call me at 218 256 8080 or we can use facebook messenger. Look for my profile – Joe Letendre

• Joe

Administrator
    November 11, 2022 at 10:08 am

Here is our conversation – https://somup.com/c3XXDjvsvh