Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Jessica on March 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Hello Joe,

First of all thank-you for sharing all your knowledge and your faith as well. Second-I apologize for my blueprint. I tried my best but really struggled in creating it. The flow of the basement is correct but measurements are not at all. We are have purchased Magna Floors MBA RigidCore (stone core plastic composite) vinyl plank with an attached underlayment. We plan to do the entire basement and eventually move on to the stairwell and upstairs as well. I thought it should probably be placed the way the red arrows indicate-running from the front of the house to the back.

I also have a question about our cabinetry that runs along one full wall in the living room. The cabinets are ikea kitchen cabinets and have little black feet underneath supporting them. Should we put the toe kicks up first and then install the flooring up to the toe kick, or should we run the flooring underneath the cabinets up to where the black feet are (in some places there are no feet so not sure if that would be a problem) and then install toe kicks after?

Thank-you for your advice!

Jessica

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 23, 2021 at 6:29 pm

I will get this done for you tomorrow.

• Jessica

March 24, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Hi Joe,

So the room labelled other (with stairwell to upstairs )a bit of the hall and the bathroom have linoleum . The living room and one bedroom are just bare concrete and the second bedroom has some sort of plank. We will remove all the flooring . There is actually no gap or area behind the stairwell – sorry I didn’t show that correctly. I’ll attach a pic of what that area looks like . As for the cabinets I’ll attach pics as well. The ikea feet are placed 12 inches apart and then the toe kicks clip on . The toe kicks that we bought are not tall enough so we will have to add something To them. I hope I’ve answered your questions but I’ll be close to my phone if you need more pics or questions answered .

• Joe

Administrator
    March 24, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Here you go Jess-

http://somup.com/creZ3kbv0e

• Jessica

March 25, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Thank you so much Joe this video is incredibly helpful. I’ve been watching your videos all day while my husband removed linoleum! I think we will just remove the feet of the cabinet as you suggested and put the plank underneath. Does it matter that the plank won’t reach al the way under the cabinets to the back wall?

• Joe

Administrator
    March 26, 2021 at 8:24 am

no, just clear the feet.