Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Amanda C. Blueprint Request & Questions

• Joe

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 3:55 pm

Mid way through this video I show how to install quarter round to the door. -https://laminateuniversity.sothatshowyoudothat.com/how-to-install-plank-to-an-exterior-door/

How to install Plank to an Exterior Door

• Amanda

November 9, 2021 at 4:00 pm

Thats what I was hoping to do but quarter round is way too tall for both doors.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 4:13 pm

How much height is there between the plank and the top of the threshold?

• Amanda

November 9, 2021 at 4:46 pm

On the sliding door the vinyl comes up slightly higher than the threshold. On the door that swings open I’ve attached a pic but I believe the door sits at the 3/8” mark so transition would need to be even thinner. 😬

• Joe

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm

You could cut the tile tight to those doors and just use silicone. I like to leave an 1/8 inch gap. I think that is your best option.

• Amanda

November 9, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Of course I already cut and laid those spots. 😭

Would any of those cheap aluminum ones work in those instances?

• Joe

Administrator
    November 9, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Yes, you can use a flat bar.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 10, 2021 at 6:30 am
    • Amanda

November 10, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Thank you for this. I picked up two today.

Is there a way for me to send you a video? Email? Just need your help on the doorway. It wont let me on here, its too big of a file.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 10, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Yes, my email is – floormechanics@gmail.com

• Amanda

November 10, 2021 at 3:17 pm

It’s still not letting me send it of course. I tried to send it to your Facebook let me know if that works for you.

• Amanda

November 12, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Floor is finally finished! Now I need to learn how to miter some baseboards 😬. Thank you for all your help! Hopefully the price of flooring comes down a bit so I can continue into the mudroom.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 12, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Awesome Amanda! That was a tough room to take on and you did it! Praise God, I am sure He was right there with you!

• Amanda

November 15, 2021 at 9:07 am

Hi Joe can I please ask you one more question even though it’s in regards to the baseboards? I have no one else to ask.

I am trying to cut my last two pieces and I have no idea what I am doing wrong but it’s not working. I believe the angle in one corner is about 63. See attached pic.

How on earth do I go about cutting those two boards for that corner?

• Joe

Administrator
    November 15, 2021 at 9:17 am

Hey Amanda! I have a lot of people on the private facebook group that are carpenters, post this question on there and I am sure you will get some great feedback.

• Amanda

November 4, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Thank you so much. I will study it shortly.

Quick question.. What leveling compound do you recommend for just a small area. Sorry if I missed it in the videos. I just need to raise up the repaired areas a tiny bit amount to match the rest of the floors. Everything else is looking level.

Also, are you completely unavailable to answer questions for those two weeks or for blueprints only?

• Amanda

November 6, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Hello!

I’m curious as to why and how you chose 57”? Is that supposed to be the midline? Because if I measure across from the center of the room it’s about 86” so my midline would be closer to 43”.

Before I went any further I just wanted to check and see. I know in your PowerPoint the line was center.

Page 2 of 2