Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions 1026 Clay St – Laminate Flooring Review

• Joe

Administrator
    January 5, 2023 at 9:57 am
  • Peter

January 5, 2023 at 1:29 pm

Joe –

Thanks for your video with suggestions!

Regarding your questions:

1) Flooring tongue/pictures: I don’t have the flooring, it will be Costco Mohawk Canyon Creek Oak Rigid Vinyl, Costco SKU: 1657946. You had good things to say about it on your channel, so I chose this manufacturer.

2) Direction: Let’s go east/west, starting in the bathroom. My concern is making sure we are square to the Kitchen and Living Room wall as we come out – but I’m sure you have a way to take care of that.

3) Wood subfloor: It is a wood subfloor, with hardwood flooring that I will be covering. The kitchen and bath will be plywood (no finish hardwood flooring).

4) Kitchen cabinets: I will be installing Ikea cabinets and plan on having the new vinyl flooring continuous underneath them. The Ikea cabinets are primarily supported by a steel ledger off the wall – so I thought this would be acceptable (and easier to install the flooring).

• Joe

Administrator
    January 5, 2023 at 2:29 pm

Thanks Pete, when will you be getting the plank?

• Peter

January 7, 2023 at 8:47 pm

Joe –

Plank is on order. 4 weeks time period. So we have time for the layout.

Plank is Mohawk Home Canyon Creak Waterproof Rigid Vinyl Flooring (by Costco). Size of plank is 7-1/2W x 48″L

Thanks.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 9, 2023 at 8:24 am
  • Peter

January 16, 2023 at 8:49 pm

Joe – good news, flooring arrived. I attached a couple of photos for the tongue and groove location.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 17, 2023 at 9:13 am

Thanks Pete, I will have this done today.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 17, 2023 at 1:37 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c0VbqzxIOi