Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Jason Gifford

September 25, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Hi Joe,

I’m starting to really make some progress. I started in my son’s room like you suggested and have finished his room and closet with the exception of the 1st row that I left out where it is screwed down.

I have a couple of questions. Since I am now moving out into the hallway that is part of that large landing, I don’t know where to finish the planks as they come close to the stairs. Recall that I am running the planks the opposite direction that they will run on the stairs. I’m unsure of how this is going to be done to transition from the landing to the top of the stairs.

Also, right outside my son’s room is an AC unit that you can see a door for off the ground in the picture. That unit has had some sort of water overflow in the past and that piece of subfloor plywood is a bit sunken compared to the subfloor around it, probably too much to not do something about it. What can I use on plywood to level that one area out a little bit?

Also, I navigated the doors okay in his room but I’m not so sure that I got the tightest joints right there since the plank gets hung up under the jamb and you can’t lift up on the plank like you normally would. Are there any tools that you use that can help with these situations? I have been careful so far to end up with a joint in the door that is helpful.

Please let me know about these things as soon as possible so I can keep moving on. I really appreciate it.

Jason