Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Jason

September 16, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Good evening,

Thank you for what you have done for me so far. I really appreciate how quickly you replied also. In this first picture, I measured the stair tread as you requested. I think I am going to have to do some alterations like you suggested. This stair tread seems to be about 1 3/4 inch thick and about 10.5 inches in depth. The part of the stair nose you asked me to measure is about 7/8 inch and it is about 4 1/4 inch in depth. This is all included in the first 4 pictures. The subfloor to the top of the tile is about 5/8 inch in the 5th picture and I believe the planks I’m using are only about 5.5 mm in thickness or just shy of 1/4 inch. The last 3 pictures I tried to capture some of the sides of the planks showing the tongue and groove. These planks are 9×60 inches. I do believe that I would prefer to run the planks the opposite of the stairs unless you think it will be far easier to run them the other direction and/or they will look better in the other direction. I have created a drawing on some online software of all the rooms together that I’m going to try and embed here for your viewing pleasure. I hope this works because it wasn’t easy to do this. I think this covers everything you have requested from me for now. Thanks again for all your help.

See if this link allows you to see the drawing please:

https://cloud.smartdraw.com/share.aspx/?pubDocShare=6051A63FEBCD195A623EB11D2FBE4E401E2

Jason