Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Brick hearth – undercut? Reply To: Brick hearth – undercut?

• Chuck

June 18, 2021 at 4:40 pm

Thanks for the ideas on the hearth. We’ll kick those around and see what we think we’ll like best. It’s a relief to not contemplate undercutting the brick.

You’re correct in the way we’re laying LVP/LVT in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. As you requested, I’ve attached some photos of the planks & tile. They’re laid out in the order (LR, DR, Kitch) they’ll be used and, I think, oriented the way you described – working away from the groove starting at the north wall. I also show them clicked together. If you need more closeups, or if I’ve misunderstood how you described the orientation, let me know. The critical transition line is the one from living room to dining room, which has to land in the doorway, and with the dining room / kitchen transition slightly less so, since the floor will be level across the transition.

As you noted, the kitchen (and bathroom) tiles will be staggered. We haven’t settled on the exact offset of the stagger, but they will be staggered.

I think that starting on the north wall of the master bedroom looks best, as you noted.

Thanks

Chuck