Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Bill

December 10, 2022 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for the review, Joe! I’m digesting all that you explained, and mulling over a decision on the bathrooms, the garage stair, and the layout.

In the meantime, here are more photos:

– wall extension and cabinet in the kitchen. The gate seen there in the hallway is temporary (it’s there to manage kitty traffic while I’m doing this work, especially the cement…)

– trap door in the bedroom closet. The trap door slips under the edge of the wall footer 2×4, the door casing, and the edge is under the closet door.

– dip in the living room just as an example. I’m investigating but I think most of them run north/south (lengthwise).

– a sample of some planks cross-wise in the hall (not staggered yet). This plank doesn’t have a bevel, so the individual planks aren’t as pronounced as with some other products, so I think either direction in the hall will be ok. I’m leaning towards north/south plank installation anyway because of what you explained about lengthwise placement being better for dealing with peaks/valleys.

The 15th (or even a little later if you need time) works out great for the blueprint. I still have a lot of work to do on the prep. I’ll get back to you on the bathrooms & plank direction.

Thanks again!