Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• jon.weitzel

December 8, 2022 at 11:48 am

Hi Joe. Hope your family had a great Thanksgiving. Checking backing in with you. Project is going well. Got the kitchen done. Ended up going all the way under the dishwasher and I used a couple of your tips to get the fridge back in place with no issue. I undercut the fireplace and it looks great. Messy job but glad we went that route. I tried uploading a video, but the file was too large. I am pretty sure what I need to do but wanted to get your input before I head into our master bedroom. I am saving the laundry room shown (aside from the kids hallway and bath which is separate from everything else) for last and am now going to work my way into the master.

I wanted your input on layout. The first board in the picture the master doorway is just temporary to protect the edge. As far as layout in the master I imagine I need to pull layout off the board in the hall then use the stringline method to get across the master east to west? Then I can get my marks off the North wall of the master and snap a line? Also, I imagine I should leave the last row against the north wall out and use your temporary anchor method to work south into the master correct? I bought a hammer drill so putting in the temporary blocks into the concrete has worked well. I did that for the long run into the living room and worked back words in that room.

Appreciate all the help in moving this project along.

I don’t think I will ever attempt 2000 sq ft in an occupied house by myself again, but we are very happy with how its turning out and it will make a big difference in our home.

Let me know if you need any additional pictures or explanation to clarify this question

Jon